Conflict between PCI Video card and PCI Wireless Network Adapter
Hey, rather new to the forum and I've had this problem for a while now.
I'd like to say I'm a mildly advanced tech user. But this problem's got me stumped.
Here's a list of what I got.
Processor: Pentium IV 3.3GHZ
RAM: 1GB (1024MB) DDR Ram.
OS: The memory eater, Windows XP. Media Center Edition
Motherboard: Augsburg 915GV (Similar to Intel D915GVWB, it's a lovely E-machines T5020)
Power Supply: Will post later, I think it was 300W?
Original Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intergrated Intel Graphics card, ew.)
Graphics Card trying to get to work in harmony with adapter: e-GeForce FX 5200 (Nvidia)
Network Adapter: WMP54GS Linksys PCI Wireless Adapter With Speedbooster
Anyhow, here's the story. I originally had the Wireless Adapter installed in the upper PCI slot (PCI slot 1). And it worked normally--with the occasional hiccups here and there. When I got the new graphics card I moved it from slot 1 to slot 2 (lower slot) where it remains to this day. I installed the new graphics card according to the usual procedure (disable the old one n' install the new). Hence why I moved the Network Adapter down a slot so the graphics card could be close to the power supply. Anyhoo, to my joy the graphics card was working fine and dandy. But it killed my Network Adapter.
After doing some tests I found out some interesting statistics.
1. Even with the graphics card disabled, it won't work if it's in the slot.
2. Once in a while the two actually do work in harmony. For a good two weeks, for no reason, it worked without a hitch.
3.When it does work and I use a USB webcam when the two are working--it kills my network adapter when I plug it into the back. But the moment I take out the USB webcam or use it in the front USB ports there is no problem.
4. A USB Wireless Network Adapter (borrowed from a friend) works fine with the network adapter.
I've been trying to figure out what's the problem is. I have ideas but I won't list them because the problem may be one of them and, well, someone may assume I already tested it.
Hopefully one of you guys may know of some conflict I overlooked.