Computer is Wrecked, bootup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarwanBaki

Beta member
Hello good people. Here is my story, great pc, everything is well, i buy myself an ATI HD3870 and a 500 watt power supply, brand called Delco. Come back home, turn off my pc, i fix the power supply in place. I tried to put that huge ATI in, but it wouldn't fit, the thing is, it does fit but due to the lousy IDE cable and my ignorance of installing the hd on the same level of the pci slot, it wouldn't fit, so i struggled around moving things here and there and everything is perfect. Its all ready now, my masterpiece.

I turn the pc on, and the fan goes on but there is no light anywhere. Oke, pretty weird, i try to replug the power cables, check whats loose and whats not. Same thing, i noticed that the fan turns on and off. As if my computer was restarting or something, ofcourse still no led lights other than my cd rom drive. So i put the old video card in, which is a Geforce 7300. Same thing, also my screen isnt turning on as well, i mean the electricity is there but no signal from the pc. The thing is, im pretty sure i unplugged my LED signal cable sometime when i was moving things around, we'll get to that in a second. So old video card and still not working, i figure its the new power supply, its faulty. I put the old power supply along with the old video card. Same problem, fan turns on, it feels like the pc is restarting, still no video signal, no i don't have an onboard video card either. So i read somewhere it could be the RAM. When i remove my RAM, and restart, i get abeep at the start but then everything loads fine(no monitor still), but it doesnt restart.

Id like to point out that when i first put my new gear in and had no LED signals, so thats one definite problem with an easy solution, any help on where that cable is, i never knew that small aspect.

I hate reading about problems like mine, because i live in denial, and usually people say, "looks like a fried motherboard" or something that leaves me hopeless and in the end it turns out to be something very silly. So any ideas guys? Where do i start with the troubleshooting?

Bad news: Sometimes things randomly stop working, i did everything by the book, and this is most certainly not my first time doing this, it just didnt wanna work.

Good news: I took a 30 minute break, and just switched RAM slots, AGAIn, and it worked.

Lesson: Take it easy and be patient.

Thanks guys, i know no1 replied but this site is a really good site, :)

Sounded like the PSU was DOA, but if it works now, then more power to you! And yeah, it was like midnight in the midwest when you posted so many people will not be up and replying, especially within an hour of your first post, but hey, we always try! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom