Computer would freeze, now will not beep/boot when powered on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrowingxspd

Beta member
So recently I started having trouble with my computer. At first, it started when it would occasionally freeze while I was playing WoW. Then, it started to do it just on the desktop. Now, it as at the point where it will not even beep when i power it on, and nothing will display on my monitor. All of the fans work, the HDD spins, as does the fan on the GPU. The last few times I could turn it on, I would see that my CPU was at about 45c. That seems pretty high for a start-up temp.

I guess I'm just wondering if people think that this is a CPU problem like I do? My system specs:

Mobo: Biostar A770 A2+
CPU: AMD X2 6000+
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 3870HD
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640g
PCU: Antec 650w

Open up your case, check the fans/heatsinks aren't completely clogged with dust.

After that reset the BIOS and hope nothing's been fried. Though by the sound of it something might have died already.

i dust everything regularly and I checked all the things. I'm actually just really hoping that it's the cpu and not the motherboard. ugh. I can't even boot to get onto the bios at all.

Open up your case, check the fans/heatsinks aren't completely clogged with dust.

After that reset the BIOS and hope nothing's been fried. Though by the sound of it something might have died already.
Agreed. Sounds like you had a thermal event and over a period of time (all the freezing) you finally fried the part.

Since it is getting power you can bet it isn't the Power Supply, and since it isn't beeping it is more than likely the motherboard. If you have an onboard audio speaker your computer will give an error code beep when something isn't working (RAM, CPU, GRAPHICS, HD). If your computer doesn't have this speaker you can purchase for for really cheap and plug it onto the MB.

If you DO have a speaker onboard and it has beeped in the past when something was ary, then you've probably fried your MB.

baahh. well im getting a new cpu in tomorrow probably and I guess we'll see there. i dont want to have to get a new motherboard at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom