computer works fine for 1 year and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeIranianKid

In Runtime
hey everyone yesterday my computer was working fine and i came to start it up and everything turned on for a second and then shut off. I tried this again and the same thing happens, now even when i press the power button nothing happens, and the power led is blinking. I have no clue what is going on

Check your PSU. Is this a pre-built or did you build it? Check all connections inside and out.

i built it myself but its been working fine for a year and now all of the sudden it stopped working. Ive checked all the connections and everything seems to be connected and power in the US is 110V right?

Also if the psu fried it wouldn't be starting up for a few seconds would it? mabye enough power isn't getting through or something

110V is US, make sure the PSU is switched onto 110-120V.

Yea it's possible, does the computer get pass POST? It's likely a faulty PSU, test the ATX power connector and the 4 pin CPU connector with a voltage meter to see if the power is fluctuating.

Somethings you can do.
Swap for a known working PSU.
Test the bad PSU on another machine
Reseat your hardware (CPU, RAM, Vid Card, etc)

yeah thats what I am trying to do just get my hands on a psu that works btw what is the bare minimum for the system to start up i know you don't need a graphics card and dvd drive, but what else do you not need thanks alot

also the computer doesn't even begin to start anymore so i believe the psu died completely

yeah thats what I am trying to do just get my hands on a psu that works btw what is the bare minimum for the system to start up i know you don't need a graphics card and dvd drive, but what else do you not need thanks alot

also the computer doesn't even begin to start anymore so i believe the psu died completely

Bare minimum are PSU, MB, CPU, a stick of RAM, video Card, monitor, keyboard. You should have the video card to see any error message that may occur. Most system will produce error if a keyboard is not detected.

thanks for the help guys ill have a psu in a day or two and i can see if thats the only problem, again thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom