Computer woot boot Power and reset button on Motherboard flashing

Twinkiy

Beta member
Hi all!

Some days ago i got a strange issue with my computer which has been working for about a year.
when i moved it to another room like 5 meters i couldn´t boot i opened the case i saw that the power and reset button on my Motherboard what blinking instead of being constant.

So i took everything out of my computer and put it back together, still had the problem so i started moving around on my ram and suddenly the lights very constant and i could boot up.

Now heres the really strange thing the morning after when the computer had been off for 8-10 hours the same problem occured i did the same moved around on the ram removed them completely and it worked again...

next morning after the computer had been off for some hours guess what... the same problem... just this time nothing worked i cleard the CMOS at the jumper and the battery no results double or tripple checked all connections and maked sure the rams was seated properly, reseated the cpu and cooler. Everything was fine.

so i tried to boot up with only Cpu Ram still flashing lights even when i took the Motherboard out of the pc case to make sure it was not shorting somewhere it would still not work.

I believe it´s either the PSU or the Motherboard which are fried but im not sure as it works sometimes.

(Ps. i did not overclock anything at anypoint)

My build is.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe
750w Thermaltake Psu (2.5 years old)
2x gainward golden sample GTX 560ti sli.
Intel core i5-2500k
16GB Kingston HyperX 1866mhz DDR3 Ram
A quite random cd/dvd reader.
1TB westerndigital Hdd'

I would really appreciate some advise as i´m completely lost....

Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom