computer wont turn on HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanezicb

Beta member
well i just bought a new computer case for my comp so i took everything out of my old comp and put it in the case hooked everything up the same(i think) but i looked everywhere for unhooked in cables but i found them all to be plugged in buit my computer wont even turn on and i have no idea what the problem is please help!

Well, the fact you said "I Think" I've plugged the power cables into the motherboard correctly has painted the picture for me. Did the case come with a PSU and you are trying to use it in place of the old PSU? If so than it could be because of the Max Power supported is not up to par with your older PSU. If this isnt the case, then check the MB manual or some website with a diagram showing "Power Cable Connections for ATX boards". Otherwise let a professional take care of it, preferably a mutual friend.

make sure you scheck your connections. You may have a short on your board.

When connecting a board to a front panel, the words on the sockets should face the top of the case.

Some boards have wierd problems.
For example, my board wouldn't power up because the HD led was connected.

Does your power supply have enough wattage to run your system?

Are all the power connectors connected like the p4 power connector(now present on amd board too).

Is your power supply functioning?

Is the front panel functional?

Did you clear the CMOS, or are you trying to boot the board in CMOS reset mode?

The problem may also be that you have bios failure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom