Computer wont turn on. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spandexman

Beta member
Ok ill start from the beggining. My computer has always beeped randomly when I turned it on. Sometimes it would be very fast and beep 20 times, sometimes it would be slow and beep under 10 and sometimes not at all. I assume it was trying to tell me something is wrong. So I decided to buy an extra 1 gig of ram and a sata 250gig HDD. I put the 1 gig of ram in and everything works fine but when I pluged my HDD in my computer wouldnt boot because it wouldnt read my IDE HDD. So I open my PC, unplug alot of things and replug them back in. I plug my powercord into the powersupply and see this flash from the back of my PC. And now my PC wont even turn on.

Also a note when replugging everything back in I decided to plug the temp-readers the PC case came with onto the front of my GPU and my HDD. I doubt it would cause this but just in case I figured I would mention it.

So I'm guessing

A) My case died
B) My PSU died
C) My mobo died

How do I figure out what happened?

My mobo

http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp#1_1

Thanks!

Well I think, you made, however a short-circuit, which destroyed your hardware, first I would say it is your mainboard,
as I had kind of that problem, too, my PSU broke and destroyed the mainboard with it...

Just ask a friend if he can lend you some hardware, then you can look for the broken piece of hardware by trial and error...

Regards,
Michael

Would it just have killed the motherboard or everything along with it like the ram, gpu, HDD, etc? I'm pretty sure I shorted something because I saw a quick flash when I plugged in my psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom