Computer wont turn on HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPhx

Beta member
last week befor i left for thanks giving i was shutting down my computer, and i hastally leaveing when i triped on my power cord(i should really move that). My computer wasnt totally shut down and it got unpluged from the wall. When i got back to try and use it my computer wouldnt turn on. The outlet works and i have power to my monitor(which is in the same surge procetor), but my cpu wonk turn on. I am at college so i have no access to test any of my parts. What do you think my problem is?

worst case scenario fried mobo, I would try the following:

1.Make sure all connections are secure and none are loose maybe the plug itself is hanging out etc.

2.try a different power cord might just be damaged now. And check the power connector pins in your PSU are ok.

3.use a different PSU from a friend or other pc you may have.

4.Check inside the pc to make sure the power switch button pin connector hasn't been knocked off.

I did all of the of the following except the checkin of the power supply. I will try and do that to see if it is the problem.

Also is there a way to see if you PSU is working with out it being attached to your coupter?

only if you have a multi meter and I wouldnt recommend that unless you new what you are doing. Other than that nope best just to try another PSU.

Make sure to try a different plug socket too maybe the one you used is now damaged.

yes i did try pulging it in to several different out lets. So i will have to find another power supply and try that. If not i will be bying a new mother board.

if all else fails take the pc apart until you have the basics, graphics card, CPU, RAM and see if it`ll power on with your PSU and a spare one. If it still doesnt then...most likly is the motherboard thats died.

my friend has a work in process computer that im going to borrow the PSU from. Im going to try that and see it his PSU works in my PC and if it dont then i have to buy a new mobo. I looks like ill be spending 50 - 100 either way. I just hope its not both that are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom