Computer wont turn back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PH3RIDUS

Banned
This morning i went to start my comp. up and i heard a noise quite like something was touching my fan on my video card and i put my hand to see what happened and i touched the fan and it stopped and the computer wont turn back on.

Any suggestions

Video card: Nvidia GT 220

Please help.

Yea, don't put your hand into a running PC. First thing is first, check for any cut/shorted wires. Next, reseat all components. Third, pull the power plug, press the power button, let it set for a minute, then plug it back up and see if it will fire back up.

Yea it was a total accident to even touch the fan. There was some wires hanging by it.

anyway's will try and revert with response thanks!

Also, If anyone still might have suggestions just incase if it doesnt work out all is apprecaited Thanks everyone.

OK I tried what was said. I get the blue lights from motherboard for a quick second and it shuts back off any suggestions.?

@ N3PH3RIDUS

Please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Ok removed all the cards and re seated and un plugged battery and then started and even tried without all of them and still nothing. Is it possible the mobo could be shorted?

After i unplug it for a few min i try to start it and i just get a blue flash from one of my fans and thats it. On the MoBo there is a power button and it has constant power but it wont power up

Also to maybe help out a little.

mobo: MSI NF750-G55
processor: AMD Ph. II quad 2.8ghz
Ram: Corsair L.L 4gb
Video Card: Nvidia GT 220 1gb

It sounds more like the power supply to me. The power supply generates more than just +12v, it also supplies -12v, +3.3v, +5v and +5vsb. So the power supply can actually light up a few leds and power other components but still be faulty.

Ok so i should try a diff. power supply and see if that continues. But i am still curious to know why my video card would of had anything to do with it?

Thanks for the reply btw.

also how exactly to give out rep to you guys?

The little star on the bottom left. It most likely is a PSU issue, but I was wanting to test other possible suspects before throwing out the idea of trying a different PSU.

Ok thanks. I greatly appreciate all the help guys. I will try the PSU then. I will revert back with response in about 15 to 20 min.

:: WELL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP GUYS I CHANGED MY PSU AND IT WORKS BETTER THAN EVER::

THANKS AGAIN. If i could give more rep to you guys i totally would.

=) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom