Computer won't turn on at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
So, what I did was put an ISO bios update into the DVD drive. The disk started to boot and got as far as abort or retry because there was an error of some sort. I pushed the power button then pushed it again to turn the system back on however it won't turn on. I don't understand it because at the stage of when the error appeared I don't believe anything really loaded on the system but I could be wrong. Any ideas on how to turn on my computer and is it possible that anything could be permanently broken? Also I'd like to add that when I flip the switch on the powersupply the little led on the board lights up so I know it's receiving power. Any ideas???

The computer won't turn on as in no lights turn on and fans spin at all? That has nothing to do with a BIOS update.

CPU doesn't prevent the computer from turning on either. It could be a short, a motherboard problem or a PSU problem.

sounds like psu....make sure everything is plugged in and the psu switch is on (if it has one)....doesn't sound like bios as cbv said

Unplug the computer, take out the cmos battery. Press the power button to drain any residual charge left in the system.
Put the battery back in, plug the computer back in, then try and start it again.

I ripped everything apart and tested it, turns out it's just the powerswitch on the case... It stopped working... Kinda random.

You should be able to reconnect it yourself. Unless it's a snapped wire in the middle of it. Maybe you closed the cases side on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom