Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaBritt

Solid State Member
Okay, so this is a little embarrassing, but my desktop won't turn on. It was working fine yesterday, so I opened up the side panel and after blowing out a little dust, making sure things were connected, I tried again. It looks like the power source is working just fine as there's a light on it when it's plugged in, so I don't think it's the problem.

I don't know what else it could be. Any help would be appreciated!

is there a led lit on the mobo? this would confirm a proper connection to the Mobo.

could start re-seating devices. there could be a short somewhere.

There's no led light on the motherboard that I can see. I did reseat hardware, but I'll probably give that another try. I'd really like to not have to replace my motherboard, but the more I read up on this sort of stuff, the more I'm starting to think that that might be what it comes down to.

Does your computer does unusual beeps when starting?

If it was me having the problem, I will make sure all the cables to the motherboard are connected tightly, I would open the case and give it a good cleaning.
Best of luck.

Okay, so I finally figured it out, I think. I used an old power supply I had laying around just to test it and it seems to be working. So, I'd imagine the power supply is the only thing I need to fix, or at least, it's a good starting point for me.

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry it was kinda a newby question. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom