Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD should be fine.. just don't open your power supply to see if there is anything wrong with it.. you can get a nasty ZAAAAPPP from the capasators.

zap.gif

Ok I did that, the fan went on. But the cd drive would not open. Should it be able to?

Any other way to test? I don't know where my dads voltmeter is, and he's on vacation.

Ok, I tried a new power supply and got the same thing as before. Maybe that isn't it? It seems like it should atleast be trying to start, like the fans should go on for a second before stopping. But nothing at all is happening.

Would a dead cpu stop it from starting?

Any other ideas to what is wrong? I'm really frustrated with this :(

OK thanks for the help everyone! I got it figured out. I took the motherboard out, tried to turn it on with only the essential stuff, and it worked!
I must of installed it bad, something was probably shorting out on the case.
Thanks everyone!

OK thanks for the help everyone! I got it figured out. I took the motherboard out, tried to turn it on with only the essential stuff, and it worked!
I must of installed it bad, something was probably shorting out on the case.
Thanks everyone!

The mobo wasn't shorting out on the case. One of the front usbs was shorting. Just clipped the wires for it, and works great. Thanks alot everyone.

Just realized this was a quadruple post... Sorry about that :p

destructive suggestions....are you sure you mounted your mobo correctly to the case?

I hope you didn't mess anything up...really :D Snipping that might have weakened the chain...who know right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom