Computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
try testing the power supply by shorting it get a paper click then get the p1 connector and put the paperclip in the green and black wire to the left or right of it and hold it there if that works you will know that the PSU is still good and the connection the the front panel is bad or the mobo possibly.

Alright, first off, lets verify that it isn't the power switch. IF you have everything hooked up correctly, try jumping the power switch.

If you look, you will see that the wires for the power switch connect to two small prongs on the motherboard. Remove the wire and take something like a screwdriver and touch the two prongs together. If it turns on, your power switch in the front of the case is probably junk.

If it doesn't turn on, make sure the mobo isn't shorting out on the case anywhere. Did you install the spacers that the mobo sits on? I had a guy I know build his first computer and forgot to install those spacers. Computer wouldn't turn on because it was shorting out on the case.

If everything is correct there, and it's still not working, make sure (if you have one) that your power switch on the power supply is in the "ON" position.

Is it possible that the voltage is set to 110v? If you're in the states then leave it at 110v, but I'm guessing you're in the UK, so set it to 220v or 240v over there, unless you guys use 110v as well... (thought its 220v though). But, I don't see a voltage selection switch, when did PSU's become auto voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom