Computer won't turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh you did replace the powersupply sorry i got confused there are a ton of cases like this each day i just got confused after reading through the post i remember this one now i appologize. however the computer starting up for 5 seconds actually doesnt mean that the ram is good RAM has to be preatty messed up for it to not start up at all. test the ram using memtest86+ then if that returns no errors you have found the problem. also check if the error codes are the same that is one of the main signs that ram is bad. and i appoligize once again.

jcortes said:
oh you did replace the powersupply sorry i got confused there are a ton of cases like this each day i just got confused after reading through the post i remember this one now i appologize. however the computer starting up for 5 seconds actually doesnt mean that the ram is good RAM has to be preatty messed up for it to not start up at all. test the ram using memtest86+ then if that returns no errors you have found the problem. also check if the error codes are the same that is one of the main signs that ram is bad. and i appoligize once again.
It's alright.

Here's my scenario. Mobo and PSU have both been replaced with working units. Right now, the computer will turn on by jumping the connection (power switch is shorted out). After that, the HDD, CD drive, and floppy drive all turn on. The CPU fan does not work. The video card does not work. I replaced it with one I had laying around and I got video. It booted through the BIOS and started to boot the OS, but crashed because of the new MOBO.

The OS needs to be reinstalled before I can test anything. I might call the people who own it and see if they want to get it fixed and see if they even have an OS disc. If they do, then I can get the OS reinstalled, buy a new video card, case, and CPU fan. After that, I might be able to test the RAM.

I suppose I could take the RAM out and test it with my computer. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom