Computer won't start POST etc etc..plz help
Well, I have a problem ahhahaha... yeah yeah, go figure lol
This is the first time posting on this forum, so I hope I'm doing this in the right area and all lol...
Heres my new systems specs:
MB GIGABYTE|GA-965P-DS3 V1.3 R
CPU INTEL|C2D E6600 2.4G 775 4M
VGA EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR 8800GTX R
MEM 1Gx2|G.SKILL F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ (4gig's of memory total)
HD 150G|WD 10K 16M SATA WD1500AHFD
PSU TT|W0116RU 750W RT
CASE GIGABYTE|GZ-FA1CA-ASB BK RT
DVD_BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S183L LS SATA %
CPU COOLER ZALMAN|9700 LED RTL
FD 1.44MB|SAMSUG SFD321B/LBL1 %
Samsung Viewsonic 22'' LCD
I've had the computer up and running just fine and all, for at least almost 2 months, had no problems so I decided to start OCing. My plan was to get it up to where I've seen and read so many other folks here on this forum getting theirs to.
So, heres the story and the point of where the problem has accured;
1) I three days ago, went and OCed my new computer...
2) I went in small jumps and got it up to 3.0 ghz and tested it out on Prime95 for 2 1/2 hours AND did intend to let it do it over night and all just to be sure that it was working good on a 6+ hour test cycle. But I got involved in games and didn't do that heheh.. And it was having no issues.
3) Last night, I decided to "push" it a bit more (which wasn't even needed *sighs*) up to 3.4ghz - or try to. I was sitting at 9x334 FSB which equalled 3ghz and so I raised the FSB to 340.
Once I did that, I hit f10 and saved and exited and it went into it's restart cycle. A black screen came up and I can't remember exactly what it was saying but it was something like this "BIOS Recovering................" or something like that, wish I could remember.
Anyway, it would do that then "restart" again.. and do that over and over. I was worried and problably did a bad thing and actually shut down the whole computer and let it set, and then powered it on and now I get no MB action or booting up video. Am i explaining things ok?
4) The scary thing is, I've been reading and I have a feeling that the cause of this mainly is due to my memory not being set at a lower pace to sit well with my CPU speed or something. I do not believe I had it set at 1.1 ratio. It's a different BIOS and so I didn't take the time that was nessesary to honestly make sure ahead of time that I had everything set exactly where it should be. Just my opinion.
5) My computer won't start up - the CPU fan and case fans are working and I can see that the Raptor HD is active and working but just no picture and I can just tell my motherboard isn't kicking in and starting. I've taken my MB battery out and let it sit for 30 sec in hope that it would "reset" the CMOS but still it's not worked. I've even taken it out for like 30 min or more and STILL that doesn't work. *sighs* Any thoughts? I do not have Jumper ability on this motherboard, theres only 2 small pins abover the battery location that the manual says to short outto allow the BIOS to reset. I have done that I believe, any thoughts??
6) I've unplugged my HDD, DVD/CD-rom drive, sound card, internet card and tried/tested to see if those unplugged would make my system start up to allow me to fix the BIOS - but alas, still nothing. I've even tested each memory chip and looked at them and theres no black or odd look on each chip, but do you think that last +6mhz increase in my FSB probably went over the edge with my system and my memory is ruined by some chance?
7) I have had the battery out for a total of 3 hours, power cord disconnected from PSU and have replugged everything in to be sure I have everything secure - STILL no change.
Please help me.. I've spent the last few hours reading and reading on the Forum and have this odd feeling that the problem is based on my memory timings, but that problem can't be fixed since I can't even get to where I can go to FIX it lol.
Think I fried/destroyed my Mb/memory or possibly also my GTX?
Any questions, plz ask me - not sure if it's something right in front of me that's staring me right in the face lol.
p.s. Ohh, btw - My keyboard is plugged in and I've tested it out but there isn't any green light that's normally active when it is recieving power. Since my fans and CPU fan, monitor and HDD is getting power, I'd have thought for sure the darn keyboard would be lite up, any thoughts on what this WHOLE problem could be or how I can fix it?