Computer Won't Start/Boot

plofisto777

Solid State Member
So I haven't turned on my desktop for almost a couple weeks because of holidays and vacations so it's been chilling in my study for a while. Now that I want to start it back up again it goes to a black screen with the words "Parity Error" at the top left and it just won't start at all. Anyone have any idea what this is and how to address the issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Also to add it seems that sometimes I get an error that says "CPU Fan 1 error" don't really know what that means, I usually restart it and it'll start to work. Any ideas on how to fix that issue will also be appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm thinking you may have a bad stick of ram, Try removing one stick and boot it up, if still the same put that stick in and remove the next and see if it boots, It sounds like it's failing the diagnostics booting up and halting the boot up. Well that would be my first guess on that one. For the CPU fan try unplugging it and make sure the plug is clean, Might be the same issue with the ram, if the contact points are not making a good connection it would cause those kind of errors, So unplug and replug the fan in (DON'T remove the fan itself though) and also remove the ram and try reseating it and if that doesn't work on the ram then try the removing one stick to see if one is bad.

Dauntae

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom