Computer wont start with any PCI Device connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

genxingcapsule

Solid State Member
Hi
i hve a problem with my friends pc just recently he was using it and windows xp was issuing the system halted error and the system would hang and he has to restart ...that happed to be working for 2 days later his pc wont boot just recently i removed all teh pci cartds except the agp card and the pc booted when i recoonced the sound card it wont boot and neither would give me any boot error or beep and there was no display on the monitor? i tried the sound card in all the four pci slots one by one nothing worked i also tried the modem card on all the slots and again no display no beeps it has ? when i remvoed the cards it would boot ?? i tried re setting the bios ? nothing seems to work ? any idea ? is there any software that should tell me wheter the pci bus or slots or ok ? it is intel 440 BX-2 mother board with 500 mhz slot processor and 32 mb nvidia agp card.i have'nt checked the sound card or modem card on another pc fearing it would also create the same problem thher .. so i cant say wheretr both of the sound and modme cards are working or not but i think if they are not working the shold not caus the system not lockup ?

ok thanks dear ~
i have solved the problem i have checked the sound card and modem card on another pc they also created the same problem ie th computer wont give any display and found them to be faulty ... but one thing more that i noted is that when i attachd these devices in any pc the fan over the processor wont work. and teh casing fan should work ? can any body tell me whetere these two devices are still in recoverable heatlh? but let me ask one question more what actually made the two devics dysfunctional simultaneously ? i have some sparking in the power plug could it be the reasion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom