Computer won't start after build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never want to buy a cheap power supply. $40 is too cheap to properly run that computer. This would do well: Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

It's 54.99 but 29.99 if you submit the rebate.

Is this a good one? I'm kinda on a low budget -_- and I don't wanna get in the hassle with ordering online and dealing with the rebate stuff, I just want to go directly in the store and get it. Be harsh about the opinion if you must, I want to be 100% sure this psu won't take my mobo with it when it dies.

FRYS.com | CoolerMaster

I looked around their site and there isn't really much there for a reasonable price.

I think you should order one from online, you'll thank yourself in the long run.

Grr this computer build is ****ing me off -_-.

If I go with this computer and like added my 9800 GT will it

1. Be able to run?
2. Be able to run COD4?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm really new to this lol. Thanks for helping out, I appreciate it a lot.

Yeah. Make sure you have your cables connected properly. That's an often overlooked simple mistake.

Just for your info:
I have had 3 computers so far which have done this. Press power, nothing. In 2 cases, the culprit has been a bad motherboard. The other was the power supply. Any other errors, as stated by a previous member, RAM, CPU, Video, etc, your computer would power on, but would beep at you to inform you of errors. If you can't even get turned on, it can only be 3 things. PSU, Mobo or wrong wiring.

OH! And check the back of your power supply and make sure the switch is turned on and plugged in. Another simple common mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom