computer wont recognize my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
The USB drives on my computer work fine. However I havent been able to connect my phone to the computer via the USB wire. The computer says "USB device not recognized." I called in for support and after some working w/ it they said I should return the phone for servicing. I took it to the store and it was connecting to their computer fine there. I then connected it to Dad's laptop, that worked fine as well. So its obviously an issue on my end. What can I do about that?

In case its relevant both my computer and Dad's are running XP Pro. i dint install any software on Dad's computer either, just plugged it in and it got picked up. Help!

I know this may sound obvious, but did you try another USB slot? Try one of the ones in the back... when I have that issue, changing the port seems to do the trick.

What kind of phone? I know my blackberry took an act of god to connect to my Vista work computer. Try what the person above said. Maybe reinstall the software?

this is kinda embarrassing but it seems to work in one of my usb slots now! i had tried 2 different ones and its not working in either of those, but the one i barely ever use seems to do it. huh??!

im not actually sure what usb 1 and usb 2 means? is there some way i can check up if they're that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom