Computer wont recognise my headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
I have tried these headphones in another computer and they worked.

But my computer will not recognise them, all i need is the microphone but it seems to the computer that they are not plugged in at all.

Cant think what to do. My guess is that when making the computer and plugging in the bits that can from the case to the mobo (forhot proper name, sorry) such as the power led etc, i plugged in something the wrong way around. This would have been easy as the case (Akasa Zen V1) came with no instructions on which way these leads should have been plugged in.

Yes this could be reason its not working. I also think that the motherboard manual would tell you how to install the front panel etc. and not the case instructions.

The case doesn't come with instructions on how to plug them in. The motherboard manual does. The female ends attached to the case have writing on each one. Plug each one in corresponding to what the manual says the male end pins are.

Ah, should have said, the mobo manual does say how to plug them in, but i cant tell which is the + and - side of each cable...

Guess i can only open it up and test each position out.

If you're plugging them into the front panel, and you have a 680i LT,A1, or T1, forget it. Plug it into the back, go to audio devices in control panel and set it as the default device for recording and speakers,

^

Found this guide on b3d, it worked for me because my front panel audio jacks were completely dead. This only works on vista too.

does your mobo use realtek sound displaying an orange audio symbol in the bottom right? Iv found for some odd reason that in its settings for front audio you have to enable an option to turn them off...and they come on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom