Computer won't power up. help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkaishek

Beta member
Hello,

I'm having trouble powering up my computer. This all started when I decided to switch out my power supply.

Once I switched out my power supply to a Antec truepower 430, the computer will not power up. When i hit the power button, the CPU fan will spin very weak for less than a second and that's it. If I hit the power button again, nothing happens. I have to turn off the power supply and then turn it back on again before i can get the CPU fan to spin. I switched out the Antec and tried my old one, but the same problem still happens. So now i think it's my motherboard and i replace that too, but the same problem is still happening.

Thanks for your help!

Antec 430 Truepower
AMD AthlonXP 2500
EPOX EP-8RDA3IPRO

Let me get this straight: New power supply and motherboard? Did you plug in the 4 pin 12v rail? The only other issue is the CPU itself. I would break down that system to just the mobo and CPU/heatsink+fan. if it will power up then you need to start adding components until it fails and then you will have the culprit. If that fails you will need to do all of the above but take the mobo out of the case. One of your components is shorting and causing your system to power down. The bios will shut down for all errors at POST. It may very well be a dead CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom