Computer won't POST after dissembling it... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: Computer won't POST after dissembling it...

it could be the gpu as I mentioned it before, or it could be the PSU as slay suggested before, or it could be the motherboard as MoM suggested before. We're giving you plenty of ideas as well as ideas of how to test for it, so instead of saying well it could be this or it isn't this try some stuff out and get back to us on what works and what doesn't. Retelling us what you've already said doesn't help you or us fix the problem.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I don't have plenty ideas on how to test for it. It's pretty much down to the CPU, GPU, or Mobo. From here, there's nowhere to go. I'm not going to put these parts in my new computer and risk screwing that one up too.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

take the gpu out of your new computer and put it in the old one, do the same with the PSU, there's a chance it's that, I know you've ruled it out but until you test it and make sure it's still suspect. If neither of those are the culprit then it's probably the motherboard.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread