Computer won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi. I have just encoutered A problem I have never encountered before.
I tried turning my computer on today and it would just freeze at the ABIT screen. I can't access bios either as the kepboard doesnt seem to respind. I have checked my physical connections and they are all fine. Now then I have picked up a few things from friends like restarting several times and resetting CMOS and reseating the RAM but until I get home i was wondering if there are more solutions to this to save me going back and forth. If its any help I had a bad shut down yesterday. It just wouldn't shut down and I had to end task a few things but it was taking way too long so I manually shut down. Now that tells me It could be a RAM problem right? Any help would be appreciated.

here are the specs in case you need them:

amd athlon x2 4800+
abit an8 mobo
1 gig corsair xms pro RAM. (was 2 but ones faulty and havent had time to send them both back)
512mb 7900 gtx
2 hdd's . dont remember their specs.

anything else you need to know, just let me know.

nope i cant until i get home and try resetting bios and/or restart several times to see if it solves it. i tired my win xp cd but it wouldnt load it obviously because it cant get past the ABIT screen.

make sure you do it the right way just taking out the battery wont do it sometimes you have to follow each step.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

ok yea sure. but i have a u guru panel on the front connected to my mobo *it came with it) there is a button on there which resets the CMOS. is it ok to use that?

well it didnt work resseting the CMOS. What shal li do now to figure out the problem. I am guessing it is a hardware problem and probably RAM since I have had isssues with the RAM before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom