computer won't load until restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparda2049

Beta member
Hi i have a problem with my computer. After i turn my computer on the monitor and keyboard aren't recognized until I restart a couple of times and everything works fine after that. I was wondering could it be something to do with my power supply unit or my motherboard? Because after it actually turns on everything works fine, so i wasn't sure it could be my motherboard. I thought it would be the power supply unit because of the strong surge from turning on the computer from scratch.

List all components.
List OS and Build.
List and Power supply and all of its electrical description.
When did this problem start?
Did you add any new hardware before occurence?
Was the computer damaged in any way before the occurence?
(IE, Power surge, power failure, Computer droped, Liquid Spilled, etc etc.)

my computer is 4 years old....
cpu: 2.8 ghz P4
motherboard: asus P4P800S
video card: ati radeon 9200 SE 128mb
hard drive: 120 gb S-ATA western digital
LG dvd burner, Lg dvd rom drive, hp cd burner
kingston 2 x 512 ddr ram
samsung 17 " lcd flat panel
Operating system: windows xp don't know the build
i don't know much about the power supply, and this problem started happening around 3 weeks ago and the last time i changed the hardware on my pc was around a year ago and that was just an addition of a dvd burner. I don't remeber my computer ever being damaged before.

clean the dust balls outa your comp if you havnt in the recent past.

other then that, yea you may wont to test with a diff PSU if removing the dust doesnt fix it.

thanks will give it a try...but i wanna know if it aint the PSU or the dust balls how much do you think it would be for me to replace my motherboard to a similar one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom