computer wont come on at all, help, help,help

Status
Not open for further replies.

francy

Solid State Member
i dont know what happened but all of a sudden my computer wont come on at all, the computer is a dell dimension 2400, when i push the button to turn the computer on nothing happens, when i unplug it and plug it back up the lights on the keyboard come on for a second then they start flashing an then goes out. no fans turn or anything, when i slid the side off to look inside all i see is one green light, i know nothing about computers, but i am trying to get some possible solutions, or should i just consider it a lost.please tell me this is minor

Make sure the cable isn't dead.

Make sure the light on your power supply, where the cord plugs into the back of your computer is lit up, or you hear it kind of start up when it plugs in.

Make sure that the switch for the power supply is on, they have a small toggle switch with a dash and circle on it for on/off. Maybe it was accidentally tripped off.

If it's not a basic problem you can figure out by those things and the CPU is not turning on at all...try a different socket to plug into as last resort. Then I'd suggest that your power supply in your computer is dead probably.

We have Dell 2400's at work that I work on, they're not the greatest unfortunately, at least not ours at work. We have quite a handful of them.

nitestick said:
possibly a damaged power supply and if not that then i would assume motherboard

could either one of these problems be fixed for a low cost or should i just consider it a lost

well i don't know, it depends on if that is actually the case and what you choose as a replacement. in my opinion it is not worth it unless upgrading the entire pc is completely out of your budget range. with the quickly changing technology of PC's any major parts that require replacement are generally a good cue to upgrade

I would say you could bring it to me cause thats what i do...

But, i don't know you and well yeah...

Soon i am hoping to open a business...

I fix computers and work at a grocery store...

The one dell i fixed i got $100 and i only worked on it for 1 hour...

I usually just charge $10 To what ever I have to put into it...

Cause if i just charged people for what it costed me then i wouldn't make any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom