Computer wont boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastapanda82

Baseband Member
I built a computer almost a year ago and it worked great. I stopped using it for about a month or two and now when i try to boot it up, it cant get past the vista loading screen. I have tried to start it in safe mode. i went into the bios and it said warning clear cmos if no display after overclocking. So i do remember trying to overclock it so i tryed clearing the cmos by moving the cap on the jumper pins and when i booted up is said something differnet and went to the bios and wasnt sure what to do, it said something about changing some password. But i clicked load something and saved and quit but it still didnt work. Can anyone please tell me how to effectivley clear the cmos or any other way to solve this problem. Thanks

unplug your power.
press power button a few times to get rid of any charge.
open case.
pull the cmos battery for 5 to 10 minutes.

K I just did that and when i turned it on instead of saying Tseries it said American something and i thought it was going to dissappear so i read the bottom and it said press F1 or F2(I forget which one) for defaults and i clicked it and it was just stuck at a blank screen and not the vista loading screen. then i restarted it and it was back to getting stuck at the vista loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom