Computer won't boot(strange problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
This is very strange. Ok so I have a computer that will not boot with a 8600 gts video card but it will boot with a 6600 gt. But the 8600 gts does work in another computer. I couldn't figure out why this computer wouldn't boot. So I bought another motherboard, psu, cpu, and still nothing. But for some strange reason it boots with an older video card. It doesn't make sense right? I've tested it with just the cpu, ram, video card and still nothing. Also this computer has a usb over-current problem so I have to unplug that from the mother board. I really don't know what else to do. I was thinking of getting another case but I'm not sure if that will do anything.

The case wouldn't do anything. Are you sure the 8600 is compatible with the boards you tried it on? What other computer does it work on? We need full specs.

The 8600 gts was working with that computer for over 3 years. Then one day it decided not to boot.

The computer it doesn't work on specs:
Asus crosshair Am2 motherboard
Amd athlon 64 6000+ cpu
4 gig ddr2 ram
Windows vista

The computer it works on:
Asus A8V-E (939 socket)
Amd athlon 64 3500+
1 gig ram
Windows xp

If it boots with a different card, older or not, means that the card has been damaged in some way. Could be static discharge from all of the inserting and extraction from the PC or it could just be that the card just died. I have an old 8600GT that is the same way. It doesnt boot any system, including this one, but i can run my 6800 just fine. The card has been damaged and needed replacing.

But if the card is damaged in some way how come it will work in another computer? But not in the original computer it was in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom