Computer won't boot + RAM question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesviper

Solid State Member
Hey again,

I've got two questions.

First off, what would be better for gaming and overclocking, 1GB of PC2-8500 RAM or 2GBs of PC2-5300?

Secondly, I've upgraded an old computer lying around with the old processor from my current computer. In order to do this, I had to get a new motherboard. Since this computer won't be used much, I got a relatively cheap Asus P5G-MX I've set up the processor, heatsink, RAM, video card, sound card, network card and plugged in the two power connectors [4 and 12 pin]. I also plugged in the F_PANEL plugs, and the USB56 plugs.

When the AC power cord is in the computer, the green "power" LED lights correctly. However, when I turn on the computer a number of things happen.

1) The screen doesn't show activity. When I built the computer, the screen would at least DETECT the computer and go to BIOS, or show an error code. This time, it simply says "No Input Detected".

2) The computer will sometimes turn off after only five or six seconds.

3) Nothing beeps or lights up, and the air flow from the case fan exhaust and the CPU heatsink are cool, so I don't think it's overheating.

What is going wrong? Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom