Computer WONT boot, not even BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOwrestling2001

Beta member
Hi,
I'm a new member here, posting cuz my roommies got a fat problem and we can't figure it out. Basically, he built his computer a while ago, Asus A8N SLI MB, 1 gig ddr400 ram, 80gb hdd, geforce 6600gt pci express graphics card, antec case and a 420 W power supply. The computer had been working fine for the longest time. One day he went and replaced the chipset fan on the MB w/ an updated one from ASUS. After all was said and done and we put everything back, his computer won't boot up anymore, no video input whatsoever (the monitor won't come out of sleep mode, it doesn't pass teh POST i guess). We've tried replacing the motherboard, video card, memory, and even tested another power supply laying around (300 watts only, but i mean the computr should still boot, taht PS current runs a P4 and wat not no problems), but to no avail. We've also tried setting the motherboard on a phonebook and starting it up (making sure there are no shorts). Tried different monitors, everything...i've never dealt with such an issue before. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I had this problem once and it was the CPU fan causing some kind of short. As soon as i swapped out the fan it worked again you didn't say anything about putting the original fan back in so i mentioned this,

Yea i know the MB is detecting a problem and its not passing the POST. The CPU fan currently seems to be working fine, but i guess i'll tell him to swap out the cpu fan also (since we used the one frmo the original cpu). Any more suggestions would also be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom