Computer Wont Boot From CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheApprentice

Solid State Member
I am having a problem...my computer will not boot from any of my OS cds. I don't know whats going on I have never experienced this problem before. The computer will let me into the BIOS. I checked the BIOS and I have the CD Drive set to boot first. If anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Is the CD drive detected by BIOS? As in it shows it in the list of drives? It could be that your CD laser is bad. So it detects it, but cant read.

ok I just switch optical drives and to see if my old one was dead but it seems both drives are doing the same thing on the particular PC. When I turn on the PC and I load the boot menu and boot from my CD drive the screen goes black and there is an underscore in the top left corner. Do you think I need to update the bios.

No. After it starts to boot, it is no longer BIOS related.

Is the drive making any rumble, to say it is running? So I don't think the CD-rom is bad. Is this SATA or PATA? Could be a bad cable.

The BIOS is not your problem.

Try a different SATA port on your motherboard.

If no, then try taking off your hard drive. See if anything improves while booting of the CD.

I tried a different sata port but it didnt work....Also I unhooked the HDD but I was unable to to get to the boot menu. I dont know whats going on Im thinkin about scraping this PC.

Look, try this out: a soft a cloth a little water wipe off the finger prints on the CD/DVD disc and put it back in ther clean and dry.
If your CD isn't dry and clean of marks and scratches the windows installation won't load properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom