computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcemaster99

Baseband Member
i recently upgraded my computer, (although its more like a new comp), i got a new mobo, psu, cpu, graphics card, ram, and case. ive also got a dvd-rw and dvd-rom drives, and 2 hard drives.
ive plugged all the things that i am supposed to but it doesnt come on, when i plug the power cable in i get a let come on on the psu, and a led on the mobo, so the power is coming through the psu, but nothing else works, please help.

my specs,
thermaltake matrix vx case
asus a8n32-deluxe
nvidia 7800gtx
hiper r 580w psu
amd athlon 3500
512mb PC-3200 184-Pin DDR Dual Channel ram

Something may be grounding out, First try this, Clear the CMOS, Unattach everything except the RAM CPU and Video card, then try getting a successful POST, if it does then reattach everything again, You will either have to reinstall windows or run a repair of it.

Take the motherboard out of the case and place it on a flat non conductive surface, then try getting it to POST with only RAM CPU and Video card.
Reseat CPU RAM and video card, Blow off connectors and Slots before reseating.
If you have two sticks of RAM, try one at a time.

ive done that, and it powers up, but my moniter isnt getting the signal, it just says no signal and goes to standby

Are you sure you tried everything I suggested?

Ok, List all the new components and All the Old components.
(I Know you listed some of them)
I want to know everything that you are attaching to this motherboard new and old.

Check the Motherboard Manual/on site website if it supports the CPU without a BIOS Flash, make sure all jumpers and DIP switches are set properly. On motherboard and Video card, Even though DIP switchs aren't often found now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom