Computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hello, Recently I have been testing a monitor which i thought was broken. Well to make a long story short when i plugged in one of the monitors into my computer, a couple seconds after the computer made two beeps. There was nothing on the screen and it didn't boot into windows. I plugged a monitor I know works but the computer still does the two beep thing. Anybody know what could of happened or what the beeps mean? Also on a side note both monitors which i thought were broken, work.

bad video card?:confused:

Edit: the beeps mean different stuff, not all computers are the same, look in the motherboard's manual to see if it says what they mean

Well, 1) is there any way i can not use my grphics card without doing anyhting with drivers? I cannot even get to the setup screen by pressing F10. My mobo has onoard graphics. Could i start it w/o the graphics card or would i just get screwed up more? 2) Is there a way to findout the Mobo without turning it on (such as looking at it?) because i don't have a manual for it.

Don't think you can just look at it...

Ok, lemme see if i understand something.
You have a graphics card either pci/agp... and then you also have an onboard ?

You can use the onboard without the "slotted" card if you wish.

Yes, i have onboard graphics and a PCI Graphics card. Are you saying that if it remove the PCI cars and then start it, it will go to the onboard graphics? Also, i did some testing and when i don't have a monitor plugged in it doesn't make the beeps but then when i plug the monitor in after the comp is on nothing comes on the screen.
Also i looked at the Mobo but didn't see anything.

No, i havent taken the card out, i just unplugged the monoter cable from the PCI Card. Taking the card out will probably be the next thing i do though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom