computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes b4 dissasembly, remove or disconnect everything not need to get the pc to POST, not boot. If you have 2 sticks of ram, insert one at a time. Make sure to unplug your pc when making changes. You may also want to clear the cmos. I would also google memtest86. It is a bootable free prog to test your ram. You can get a bootable diskette creator or an iso for a cd. Also could be your power supply, check your bios settings to see what you are trying to boot.

my computer won't pass a post. i've even taken a stick of RAM from my pc out and placed it in and won't do anything. only thing you need to post is a mobo, cpu, ram, and video (but i have onboard video) so i don't have a gpu. its gotta be a dead mobo. i can't even get to a point where i can boot from a floppy so memtest isn't an option, and i know my ram is fine its on my computer right now. i'll try a new psu but i doubt thats the problem. im gonna RMA the mobo, and hope for the best. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

already tried. no beeps, its gotta be mobo or CPU like you said. just gotta RMA the mobo and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom