computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
i have a computer with a ecs mobo, and a 3600+ (am2) that isn't booting. it gets to the post screen and states the main processor and then just stops and is completely unresponsive, no alt+ctrl+del or del (to enter bios), or f8 (to choose boot options). has anyone had this problem before? i've pretty much narrowed it down to the cpu or mobo, but i have no way to test either of them.

pull out the mobo and check it for burn marks and check the capacitors. Ive heard ECS mobos have a habit of burning out. one way you can check is to find another am2 processor and drop it in there or take that processor and put it in another am2 mobo.

yeah i know i think im just going to RMA it and then maybe i can exchange it and i can get something a little less reliable. and i actually forgot its a PC Chips board my mistake.. the problem with that is i don't have another am2 cpu or mobo.

Google search ultimate boot disk you down load the iso and burn to CD. The PC will boot to the CD there is a CPU test on there. Something for you to try if you can get it to boot to CD.

yeah i have a ultimate boot cd, its just my computer won't post at all. it shows the processor and thats it, doesn't even get to check the ram and then becomes completely unresponsive.

hi there,

try disconnecting your HD before getting rid of your mobo. I had the same problem 3 days ago while building a new system using some old components and the solution worked for me!

regards

hi there,

try disconnecting your HD before getting rid of your mobo. I had the same problem 3 days ago while building a new system using some old components and the solution worked for me!

regards

only thing connected right now is RAM, mobo, and cpu. all drives are disconnected. im pretty sure its a dead mobo, i've never actually seen a cpu burn up in the 5 years i've been building, but i have seen 6 or 7 dead mobo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom