Computer won't boot =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD AI

Baseband Member
I was in a hurry to leave and while playing CS:S I flicked the power switch on the back of my computer, when I got home my computer wouldn't boot. I figured out a fix by turning the switch off then turning the power on (Lights come on for about 2 seconds then it goes off) then flicking the switch back on then powering up. But now it won't even turn on after that and I can't figure out what's wrong, any help?

Trying another power supply would be my lists of firsts.

And I guess you learned thats its usually NOT a good idea to turn off the PC by the power supply switch.

I hit the power button alot and it finally turned on, it said that the CMOs had been set to default, now it goes back to the power toggle turn on way, so it may be something with the CMOS, any ideas?

Well again, the Power on/off is related to the Power supply! So TRY ANOTHER ONE!

The cmos error just means that it was cleared or the battery is weak/dead and you should replace it.

Okay I replaced the power supply and it still has the same problem, do you think it could be the CMOS battery, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom