Computer wont "Beep" when starting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
I have recently replaced the original mobo in my eMachine. I cant remember the name of it but all of the transistors (or whatever you call them) right next to the heatsink were completely fried (acid-like destruction everywhere.) So I replaced it with my Balance mid-tower mobo (ECS 845G something) and now it wont beep. Im also using a different PSU but everything seems fine, it just wont beep. Thats the only issue im really having other than my computer is being EXTREMELY slow (need some help on that too.) I've searched all through google and can't find anything that helps. I did see something about resetting CMOS but im really afraid to mess with it (not sure if thats even the issue.) I just want my computer to beep again regardless of how annoying it used to be.

either your old mobo had an internal speaker on it.. or you did not plug in the 4 pin speaker wire that is usually connected to the case

my guess is if you didnt see any unplugged hanging wires.. then your old motherboard had an internal speaker

and i think the word ur looking for was capacitor

either your old mobo had an internal speaker on it.. or you did not plug in the 4 pin speaker wire that is usually connected to the case

my guess is if you didnt see any unplugged hanging wires.. then your old motherboard had an internal speaker

and i think the word ur looking for was capacitor

I thought all mobo's were supposed to beep... So its not a bad thing that it doesn't?

They ARE meant to beep, and I've never seen a mobo without an onboard speaker/beeper. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing that it isn't. It could be that only the speaker is damaged, seeing as everything else boots. OR it could be that I'm wrong and they DO make mobo's with no internal speakers.

They ARE meant to beep, and I've never seen a mobo without an onboard speaker/beeper. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing that it isn't. It could be that only the speaker is damaged, seeing as everything else boots. OR it could be that I'm wrong and they DO make mobo's with no internal speakers.

Is there anyway to check to see if its out of commission. Where is it at by the way? I've never been able to find it. lol

There are motherboard's without built in speakers. It comes as an attachment that you have plug in yourself. Just built a computer like that. I believe it was an ASRock.

And Maximus it's different on every motherboard. Generally it's at the bottom left or right hand corner. I've seen boards with it smack dab in the middle under the northbridge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom