Computer will not run. Monitor will not run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartslug

Solid State Member
Hello.

I have a crucial problem with my desktop computer. It just won't operate.

I found out this morning, when I got out of bed. I left my computer on all night, with monitor off, (as always).

The red power light (or loading light) is on (on the computer), although it is supposed to be flickering, it is not. Just staying red. The monitor is blank (black) and theres a red light insted of the green one.

There is no way to turn off the computer, other than swiching the swich on the back of the computer. Holding the "on button" to turn it off, will not work, (it should). It also will not restart when I press the restart button. Other than that, the fan runs, all cords are connected.

About a week ago I got my new 512MB BFG Geforce 7600 GS OC AGP, replacing my Nvidia 6200 AGP. My new video card runs great, but I wonder if it could be my new card frying or something, mabye a power supply problem? Mabye some hardware component is out of place?

This is very strange, because I never did anything to it, I just left it running while sleeping, as always...

My desktop specs:
- 1 GB RAM pc3200
- 512MB BFG Geforce 7600 GS OC AGP
- Asus P4S800-MX (SiS) Celeron D 2.5GHz
- Old sound card, 6 channel
- My PSU is the LC-B450E

I have tried taking out the BIOS battery and putting it back in, although I have not yet tryed putting in the old video card and trying a different monitor.

Thank you for any help, and I will reply to you guys ASAP.

First things first..
1. im guessing ur using a 450watt PSU, try swapping a different PSU off someone and check if it boots. If not...
2. Try using ur old 6200 or ur ingegrated (if it has one) and try booting
3.If it still doesnt Post read the Sticky http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=127815
4.Since u said u leave ur computer on at nights it might of overheated and the Cpu or ur GPU might of crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom