Computer will not post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt....
Are telling us that his 550W. Power Supply will not power his Cpu with his +12V. ???? What does your manual say?
Killa.... THANK You....... why a company like Antec would have a de-tachable 24/20 pin connector without that CPu connector is Stupid...... + Confusing.
DarkMind..... I would just try to get the +12V. to the Cpu and Try Again...... but its up to you.
John....

Ok now i'm getting somewhere.

I was looking at that unmarked 8 pin connector FOREVER and never saw that its two 4 pin connectors put together.
:eek:

It looks like everything could be good after all.

WOOT we now have beep codes people.

The system condition lights detected the CUP, then DRAM, then when it went to check the vid card but because its not in there i got a beep code.

Well I only have about 30 min to play with this and see where i can get before I have to go to work.

I'll check back in with you guys tonight and let you know how things go.

People we now have post.

The only thing that bothers me is that when the computer posts and the lanparty title comes up on screen and the system check comes up on screen the cpu heatsink fan STOPS.:eek:

Very good......
You need that fan running......... so don't run it too long without it.
* Note.....
Its very important to list your system components at the bottom of your post..... in your profile...... that way posters don't have to ask later..... especially with all these 'goofy P/S.
Sometimes more is not better! @ Antec

JKnPA said:
Matt....
Are telling us that his 550W. Power Supply will not power his Cpu with his +12V. ???? What does your manual say?
Killa.... THANK You....... why a company like Antec would have a de-tachable 24/20 pin connector without that CPu connector is Stupid...... + Confusing.
DarkMind..... I would just try to get the +12V. to the Cpu and Try Again...... but its up to you.
John....
no i did not say that i was trying to help him find the right 4 pin connector thats all dont put words in my mouth

Ok so now that i'm moving at the speed of light. Here is where i am.

System boots up, I get one single beep code, DFI lanparty title pops up on screen, CPU fan stops running, then system check pops up on the screen. All in that order.

I would continue tinkering with this and make sure that every-tings good to go BUT I freak out and power down every time the CPU fans stops running.

wait it stops or spins slow? does it spin back up?
if you want go get a cpu fan that runs on a molex and not the motherboards 3pin.

Make sure you have the fan connector plugged in right on the mobo. Make sure its plugged into the cpufan connector too.

Just checking, why is this little bad boy unplugged?

lanpartyboard4nd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom