Computer will not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown1690

Beta member
I have combed the internet for a while and have not found a problem just like mine yet. My computer, when I turn it on, enters into what I could only call a post cycle. The beeps it gives are the normal post beeps and not beep codes. Essentially everything turns on, the GPU fan throttles a few times, I hear a post beep, and it all starts over again. I just put in a new PSU and MOBO and the issue reappeared this morning. I was able to get it to start by removing 2 of the 4 sticks of RAM last night though it won't post now when I try to turn it on. I have been dealing with this for over a year now and have went through a number of mobos and now with the new PSU I am kind of lost. I also got a new CPU last december which didn't help the issue.

My current setup is:
2x2gigs Corsair Dominator 1066 (running at 800)
Phenom II 940 (regular 3.0 GHz clock)
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Corsair modular 850W PSU
3 WD 500gig HDDs, 2 in RAID 0
creative x-fi pro pci sound card
ATI radeon 4870

my older setups included an 900W ABS modular PSU, Phenom 9850 at 2.6GHz, and a Foxconn mobo.

Kind of an off the wall question here but have you installed the pegs that lift the system board off the case? It could be possible that the board is shorting out and causing your problem. I would try a memory test as it can't hurt.

The pegs are on the left

imageview.php

mine was being shut off right when i turned it on like the fans spun for a second and thats it. weird thing is i never heard beeps, i removed a piece of hardware at a time and it seems like my processor was stopping my mobo from booting so i got a new CPU, problem solved...for now...hopefully

also as shawn said i did not use the spacers at first..but my motherboard turned out being fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom