Computer Want Boot After Cd Rom Install - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry Computer Want Boot After Cd Rom Install

Last Night My Cd Rom Died And I Got A Used Hp Ltn-486s From The Computer Shop, Note That My Pc Is Not Hp Not Sure What It Is I Was Used So I Install The Cd Rom Drive And Now When I Try To Start The Computer It Say I Don't Have A Primary Master Or Primary Slave And That Ntldr Is Missing Press Ctrl+alt+del To Restart, But That Dos Nothing. Yet If I Unplug The Interface Ribbon The Computer Will Start And The Only Thing It Says Is Missing Is The Primary Slave. What Causes This And How Do I Fix It Thanks For Any Help

Old 08-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
CECS Major
Send a message via MSN to Chase Send a message via Yahoo to Chase
Default Re: Computer Want Boot After Cd Rom Install

You should check the jumpers on your drives (hard drive(s) and cd-rom) to make sure they are set correctly.

And What Exactly Is Going On With Your Typing?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Computer Want Boot After Cd Rom Install

It seems like the master slave config issue. One thing you could do is look at the old CD drive you disconnected and see if its configured as a master or slave. Mostly its marked on the CD drive( How to set the jumpers to make it master, slave etc). If the old CD is set as slave set your new CD as slave and connect to the same connecter end. IF the old cd is master set the new one as master.

Good luck to you
Closed Thread