Computer uses alot of memory for some reason. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD
Default Re: Computer uses alot of memory for some reason.

Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
^LOL...prove it. no WAY you could only be using 500Mb running all that, AND on vista.

edit: did you completely disable the precache thing?
Not running all the stuff he is, but this is as low as I could make mine go (am running Aero though)

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Computer uses alot of memory for some reason.

Yes it is possible. The Laptop has been being used for over a year now so SuperFetch is being utilized. Not to mention i have disabled most of the other services that are not wanted/needed in Vista with the BlackViper Guide. You don't think it can be done. Fine. I know it is being done. Sometimes, depending on the web pages opened it jumps up cause they are more flash based. But i know that with simple sites that it doesn't use that much.

I know cause i have a resource monitor showing. Which tells me how much RAM i have being used at any time. Everyone gripes about Vista and i am sick of trying to defend it. So believe it or don't. It doesn't bother me. I know it can be done. I can show you a screen shot but then i would just hear that it is photochopped. So really what would it prove.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread