Computer uses alot of memory for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjstamey

Banned
Lets say i have explorer running. If i ctrl alt delete and look at the applicatoin running, it will show it jumping around in the memory usage part. alot of times all the way up to 90%. If i click over to the performance tab, it shows it using most of the memeroy there also.

Are you sure you are seeing Memory and not CPU usage? Are you sure that it is Explorer.exe and not System Idle Process?

It is Explorer.exe and It is cpu usage. What is this and does that mean it is using alot of memory?

CPU usage and Memory are 2 different things. Saying that it is CPU usage and then saying that it is using a lot of Memory is conflicting. Memory is RAM. CPU use is the processor. 2 different components.

Explorer.exe is Windows. It is what you see when you click on My Computer. That window that comes up is explorer.exe.

So your CPU is being taxed. Just means that it could be trying to preocess something. Could be a system glitch and the system needs to be restarted.

OR..... if youre running vista (like i am) then it is normal for vista to eat about a 1gb of ram. iexplorer.exe is your web browser.

Yes iexplorer.exe is Internet Explorer. Try Firefox with the Firefox Ultimate Optimizer or try Opera 9.61.

That really isnt true guys. I have Vista on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) that has 1GB of RAM and i use barely 50% of it with Aero, Sidebar, Windows Mail, Opera, WLM and a few other things running at all times. ;)

^LOL...prove it. no WAY you could only be using 500Mb running all that, AND on vista.

edit: did you completely disable the precache thing?

it could happen if its Home Premium... tends to be lighter than Ultimate or Business... but it does seem a bit too light... have you got a huge page file enabled or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom