Temperatures listed are while sitting idle in bios

CPU Temperature: 39 Degrees C to 46 Degrees C / 114 Degrees F
System Temperature: 39 Degrees C to 43 Degrees C / 109 Degrees F
CPU Fan Speed: 1228 to 1241 RPM

CPU Speed: 2200 MHZ
Cache RAM: 512 K

Computer Information
Type: HP Pavilion a1130n
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 430W (Upgrade)
Video Card: PNY VERTO GeForce 9400 GT (Upgrade)
Ram: 2.19 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM (1 GB Upgrade)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3,500+
Motherboard: MS-7093

Original System Specs (Comps been upgraded)
HP Pavilion a1130n Desktop PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Motherboard Specs
Motherboard Specifications, MS-7093 (Albacore) HP Pavilion a1130n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

What are your temps under a Load.

Generally a sudden restart is either your cpu overheating or the power supply is dying.

Drivers ARE updated for video card... it's a new video card and was just installed. (all computer upgrades are recent)
Video card only requires 300W power supply.

What is the last thing done before this happened? hardware or software added.

Well mom wiped whole computer on accident and everything got deleted... she installed all computer updates... comp was working fine except graphics card... I updated my ram, video card, and power supply... and screen on comp started behaving then so video card problem was solved... my latest program I added was Starcraft II... don't think that would have anything to do with it.

What are your temps under a Load.

Generally a sudden restart is either your cpu overheating or the power supply is dying.

Those are my temps right after the computer restarts itself... the cpu and system are running at 39 degrees C right after the restart... then they go up to wut I have listed after like 10 minutes... then they seem to stop... haven't seen em go any higher... but they could be when I run games and stuff IDK... computer normally doesn't restart right away when it's on... it runs for like 8+ hours prolly i'd say before it ever restarts... if not even longer.

Problem might be solved... my computer completely turned off and wouldn't turn back on *power light was blinking*... i pulled plug and opened case and found out the fan was completely dislocated... apparently my fan wasn't bolted down right and was loose... also fan was very dirty... fan got cleaned and bolted in correct... hopefully this fixed the restarting problem too... I'll let you know in a day or 2 if this is solved.

No clue why my temperatures seemed so good in bios though :-/.

Ok... so the computer has been acting fine... til now... it just restarted itself... I had Starcraft II running and went to start Starcraft Broodwar... I'm wondering if my computer restarting this time would have something to do with Starcraft II being a very new program and my processor being very old... and by running Starcraft II and Starcraft Broodwar at the same time I overloaded my processor. Possible answer?... input apprechiated. (cpu temp was 43 to 44 on automatic restart)

You are probably overloading your graphics card.

Starcraft 2 requirement
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better

Starcraft Broodwar requirement
DirectX-Compatible SVGA Video Card
(Quad Speed for Cinematics)

i have a 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.... don't think i'd have a problem with the video card running both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom