Computer turns on, then quickly off, then back on

Frosum

Beta member
As the title suggests, my Dell computer will not boot up correctly. I press the power button, the computer begins starting up for about 1 second, turns off for 3, then starts back up but with nothing but a black screen. If I press the button enough I can get it to start up normally and it runs perfect once I do. I don't have the patience however to turn it on and off 50+ times every day I need to use it. Here is what I've tried, and please try to give me advice that doesn't require taking apart the entire computer. Note I have never over-clocked my processor nor did I build it or ever take it apart before. It does not seem to want to turn on at this time, so a fix without changing programs would be preferable.

I have.....

-Checked the monitor
-Made sure it had adequate power
-Checked all cords
-Unplugged all cords

Finally, here is the system info

Dell Inspiron, on Windows 7 Home Premium

More information to come when I find it

Some motherboards do that when they update the CMOS. It could be a dead motherboard battery, preventing the CMOS settings from being saved.

If it's not that, then I'd say it's probably the power supply.

As the title suggests, my Dell computer will not boot up correctly. I press the power button, the computer begins starting up for about 1 second, turns off for 3, then starts back up but with nothing but a black screen. If I press the button enough I can get it to start up normally and it runs perfect once I do. I don't have the patience however to turn it on and off 50+ times every day I need to use it. Here is what I've tried, and please try to give me advice that doesn't require taking apart the entire computer. Note I have never over-clocked my processor nor did I build it or ever take it apart before. It does not seem to want to turn on at this time, so a fix without changing programs would be preferable.

I have.....

-Checked the monitor
-Made sure it had adequate power
-Checked all cords
-Unplugged all cords

Finally, here is the system info

Dell Inspiron, on Windows 7 Home Premium

More information to come when I find it

Please peform these 2 test for me and get back with us soon.

Test 1: take off the cords from I/O back panel, check for bent wire or pins on motherboard or ps/2 connecor.
Start out with the motherboard, cpu only.
If it comes back on and beeps, that will indicate no ram is being detected by cmos.

Test 2: check the computer again with mobo,cpu, ram, if it comes on without a problem, it might be the i/o back or front panel.
Plug in one cord at a time and power it, when you find out which wire or connector is stopping the machine from bootup, that is your culprit.

It may due to a hardware issue or an electric short circuit. Here is a troubleshoot process.
1. Check if the input voltage matches with the correct setting for your country.
2. There could be an electric short circuit inside your computer.
3. If it is not due to the above problem then you should check the power button. Check if it is sticking or shorting out.
4. You may reseat all power cables and internal data, also reseat expansion cards . (Reseat is a process of removing it out of the socket and placing them back)
5. Start your computer with the needful hardware. If your computer turns on and remains on then reinstall all the components you require one by one. If your computer turn on but does not remain on use a Power On Self Test card .This will help you to identify the problem.
6. Finally if none of this works you will need an IT Service support.
You may contact Network fish . They have 24*7 customer service, they can help you out.
Here is the telephone no.
020 7403 4031

Back
Top Bottom