Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie-Kane

Baseband Member
i have basically finished making my new pc. here are the specs:

8800gts 320 mb
q6600 2.4 ghz (with stock cooler)
abit fp-in9 sli
500W AKASA PSU (Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK)
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
500 Gb Samsung HD501LJ Spinpoint
Antec 900 Case

i turned it on for the first time and after about 30 seconds it powered down. and i need to get a vga-dvi converter before i can plug my monitor in so i dont know what it said onscreen. i have worked out that this does work when the power to the cpu is not plugged in.

i have tried it without the gpu+soundcard and with only 1 stick of ram and the same happened. i have tried clearing the cmos and the same thing happened. i have tried starting with the windows cd in the dvd drive and the same thing happened. what do you think could be the problem? i think that the cause might be the cpu fan not on properly so it overheats. but i have tried putting the fan on again but it still didnt work. but i might of put it on wrong again

You just built you computer, there isn't a need to clear your CMOS/BIOS. Does the CPU fan turn on when you turn on the computer? Connected the 20/24 pin power connector?

i know there wasnt a realy need to clear cmos but i wanted to try everything. yes the cpu fan turns on. and yes i connected the 20+4pin connector

i just plugged it in and turned it on. before it turned off i noticed that the hdd was set to slave. could this be the reason?

another thing to check, would be that everything is seated properly. CPU, motherboard, expansion cards. if something is shorting somewhere this is usually the affect you get. also getting the monitor on may help in determining what's going on. but in the meantime, re seat, everthing.

Yeah, I put together a computer yesterday and couldnt figure out what was wrong. Took everything apart put it back together and it booted up fine. Something just wasn't seated right.

yes. i had the other 8 pin connector plugged in. but i think ive got it now, i dont think the hsf was on properly, so took it off and ive decided im going to get a zalman to put on it first before i turn it on again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom