Computer turned off and won't turn back on

Vkarsan

Beta member
Hey guys, so I was just watching a video on youtube when suddenly my computer turns off, in fact everything being supplied by the power through the sockets in my house turns off, so I go to the main switch thing and flip the switch, power returns (wooh!), everything works except my computer. The monitor turns on and off though. I thought that the psu was the problem but I checked that and it works fine, when I look at the motherboard while the plug is on I can see a blinking green light on it (don't know if this mean anything).

To conclude my PC isn't working, my PSU is working and a blinking green light is present on the motherboard, any help will be appreciated thanks!!

Is this a custom-built machine? pre-built?
Did you have the computer plugged into a surge protector? or just into the wall outlet?

Unplug the power cord from your PSU; Open up the machine and find the CMOS jumper (if you have the manual look at chapter 5 and move the pins to reset the CMOS (look online if need be for the manual)

Leave it unplugged for about 5 minutes and then try again. Some mobos have a feature that (for lack of a better term) resets itself when there is a power spike. (Dell and HP are notorious for this) Not sure if Acer has this, but it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom