Computer turned off and won't turn back on - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Computer turned off and won't turn back on

If a slot is faulty, you can sometimes get away with it. Depends if you need to use all the slots or not. E.g. my board has six slots, I only use 3 (3x2GB sticks). So if any of the 3 that I'm not using are faulty, doesn't really matter. I mean yeah it sucks, and if your mobo is under warranty then def replace it, but I'd say it's ok to still run it.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Well, one time when I loaded up my system it it did this hard drive check thing, and I haven't gotten BSOD since, so I might be ok. But I'm still pretty convinced my sound card is on its way out.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Ram: 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Mobo: ASUS P6T
PSU: 750W PC Power & Cooling
Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Just another thought guys, I recently had the same problem with my pc not booting or freezing on start up or powering up but nothing happening on the screen. Left the PC alone for a few days and then it would come on for a bit and then die again, tried new RAM's but no luck, tried new PSU ands still no luck. Eventually found the problem: My GFX card had failed on me. Had a friend use his GFX to load my PC on so we could set the integrated card until I got a new GFX card. Have you had any luck?

Closed Thread