computer takes long to load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lyrics

In Runtime
today I bought some new parts as upgrades for my pc which is the new mobo,cpu,ram

first time I booted the computer up runs fine, hear the post beep, loads all the sata and such, and loads the os pretty quick

but now i've noticed it takes longer to load the os, first of i'll turn on the computer, i hear the post beep but it takes a while for it to load all the information about the sata drives and all that good stuff.
im planning to get windows 7 64bit home edition, since i can't really use all my 4gb ram on windows xp sp3. just wanna know whats the problem, if i wait a good 2-4 mins it will eventually load the os work perfectly.

That sounds like a HDD or RAM problem. Get Memtest86+, and boot off the CD. Run at least 3 passes, Any errors, one of your sticks are bad. If you have time, it's best to do one stick at a time, on its own.

Did you do a repair install of Windows after installing the new mobile and all of that? If not then you need to. Cause the system downtown have the proper drivers intakked for the new CPU, Moho and RAM. Technically since you got a new mobile, you have to purchase a new copy of Windows as that constitutes a new machine per Microsoft.

Did you do a repair install of Windows after installing the new mobile and all of that? If not then you need to. Cause the system downtown have the proper drivers intakked for the new CPU, Moho and RAM. Technically since you got a new mobile, you have to purchase a new copy of Windows as that constitutes a new machine per Microsoft.

Im not sure? could you elaborate more. lol
what i did was i reformated my whole hdd to get windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
edit: also it shows on cpu-z that the memory of the ram is in "unganged mode"
could that the a problem?

What KSoD means is that you may not have all the proper drivers installed. Do a repair install using your Windows disk, Windows will look for all the proper drivers. But you also said that it runs fine once it does finally boot so It's probably not the RAM or HDD. You may want to check your start-up programs and stop any that are unnecessary as this will cause slower boot times. I believe KSoD meant MOBO, not "mobile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom