Computer Studders - Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
Well I was having PC Problems after my PSU burned out, so I bought a new video card and Hard Drive, and started over from the beginning. I Installed winsows 2000 ok, but for some reason whenever my computer comes under load or i start to multitask In Games or anything else, the computer will start to studder and the sound will get real glitchy. It is a very annoying, but I am wondering if it could be the PSU which is undervolting.

What do u think is causing this glitchy studdering problem and how do i fix it? THanks!

Sounds like there may be a problem with your motherboard. Are you using an onboard sound card? But if you are saying that there is not enough power from the PSU, I think it is that. I suggest you go get a new PSU. Grab a nice 540-600 watt one with good specs. That should handle whatever you throw at it well.

I ran spybot, ad-aware and everything. I am sure it isnt the hard drive, i just installed this very nice Hard Drive that should be very reliable. I reinstalled the motherboard drivers and updated them. I dont really see how a weak PSU could cause this, but maybe you could explain why a dyeing fan would cause the computer to studder and act glitchy.

I made another observation. It seems that the computer has more problems when i am connected to the internet. Regular games act fine, but internet games have problems. Anyone have a clue? Thanks again everybody.

Are you using wifi or a wire? I don't know what to say about the internet thing, but after thinking about it, I doubt that it is your CPU, and it is more likely your CPU. Try clocking it back to stock and see how it runs after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom