Computer on Startup stays at Hardware Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
So I was working on big project and my computer becomes extremely slow. I was typing at around 50 words per minute and the computer was showing words up at about 1 letter a minute. So I restarted the computer.
Now after I restart the computer, its stuck at hardware monitor... I restarted it 3-4 times, still the same, took out parts of the computer, put it back, still the same (probably due to mobo). The computer has its normal beep and goes from the hardware monitor's last monitored thing to a new blank line (suggesting that its going to keep running), but then just becomes stuck.

What do I do?

I assume by "hardware monitor" you mean the BIOS POST (Power On Self Test)?

Also, exactly what parts did you remove and try to boot up without?

And what are you computer's specs?

Also make sure it's trying to boot off of the correct HDD (check your boot order in BIOS or try to remove any HDD's besides the one that you have Windows installed on).

Elaborating on what MoM said, if you can, try to run a chkdsk /f /r on the drive if it's only 1 drive in the system.

Well thanks guys for pinpointing the place, I just replugged in the HDD cable connecting the HDD and Mobo and it works now. This computer I built is a very big pain in the ***, I wonder if this is my fault..

More problems, sigh.
I was playing Minecraft and all the sudden my computer turns off. I turn it back on, and at Hardware Monitor before it enters to a blank line, the computer turns itself off. I repeat this several times, same thing. Sigh.

A bad HDD shouldn't necessarily be turning the computer off, though. It would just give errors (most likely BSOD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom